We have undertaken a comprehensive audit of our business; reviewing our processes, policies, and procedures to make sure we are doing all we can to be a force for good. This is something we are dedicated to reviewing regularly.
What we’ve done so far
We’ve made changes to how we do business to improve our impact on the world around us.
100% renewable energy
in our office
Team trip emissions down 80%
we no longer travel by air for our annual team trip.
One million trees pledge
that we will plant by 2030 using Ecologi and Tree Nation
is important to us, we operate a blind recruitment process to remove unconscious bias
buying pre-loved and refurbished from Macfinder and Apple so less goes to waste
Reduction in in person client meetings
and we will use video calls wherever possible
to only be in office 25% of the time post pandemic to cut down commuting emissions
Use public transport
to get to client meetings where practical to do so
we source from Red Inc a B-Corp supplier
What we are planning
We know we can do more. We have made some huge commitments from planting one million trees to pledging to become net zero by 2030.
- Science based emissions target will be set on our benchmarked carbon emissions from 2019 onwards.
- Impact of SEO and PPC on emissions we will soon offer clients the opportunity to understand the carbon emissions of their campaigns
- Electric car scheme and carpool for team
- New office space which will give greater control of lighting, energy generation and insultation.
What we can’t impact
Unfortunately, there are some things a small digital marketing agency in Essex can’t change – this is what we have considered but can’t currently change.
- Hosting of our digital providers. These are all energy intensive services (our SEO systems, PPC systems) essential to our business, but we cannot directly control them. However, we are contacting them to request they move to renewable energy suppliers.
- Our location. We are a rural based business and moving office is not cost, or carbon, effective right now. This means we will have some transport emissions however work hard to keep them to a minimum.
- Our customers. As a sustainable marketing agency, clients work with us because of our values. However, while we will begin to run workshops and conduct research to educate our customers, we cannot control their actions. They are part of our Scope 3 emissions that we are constantly working on.
Building digital brands with purpose
If you want your business and marketing to be more sustainable discover what 250 agency and in-house marketers are already doing in our new research report.