Climbing Trees are committed to making a positive impact on the planet. We always strive to do more.
We have undertaken a comprehensive audit of our business; reviewing our processes, policies, and procedures to make sure we are doing all we can to be a force for good. This is something we are dedicated to reviewing regularly.
What we are planning
We know we can do more. We have made some huge commitments from planting one million trees to pledging to become net zero by 2030.
- Science based emissions target will be set on our benchmarked carbon emissions from 2019 onwards.
- Impact of SEO and PPC on emissions we will soon offer clients the opportunity to understand the carbon emissions of their campaigns
- Electric car scheme and carpool for team
- Improving office space which will give greater control of lighting, energy generation and insulation.
What we can’t impact
Unfortunately, there are some things a small digital marketing agency in Essex can’t change – this is what we have considered but can’t currently change.
- Hosting of our digital providers. These are all energy intensive services (our SEO systems, PPC systems) essential to our business, but we cannot directly control them. However, we are contacting them to request they move to renewable energy suppliers.
- Our location. We are a rural based business and moving office is not cost, or carbon, effective right now. This means we will have some transport emissions however work hard to keep them to a minimum.
- Our customers. As a sustainable marketing agency, clients work with us because of our values. However, while we will begin to run workshops and conduct research to educate our customers, we cannot control their actions. They are part of our Scope 3 emissions that we are constantly working on.
Building digital brands with purpose
If you want your business and marketing to be more sustainable discover what 250 agency and in-house marketers are already doing in our new research report.