Empowering Women in Digital Marketing: Our Journey to Gender Equality
This International Women’s Day we are taking a step back and celebrating the actions we have taken to become a more diverse workforce and the wonderful women that work here.
Research has shown that an equal split of genders leads to:
- A larger talent pool
- Different perspectives
- Enhanced collaboration
- A better reflection of clients businesses
- If that’s not enough, it increases profitability.
- According to McKinsey, the most gender-diverse companies are 21% more likely to experience above-average profitability.
Although women have always worked at Climbing Trees we are constantly trying to improve and have set ourselves targets for a 50/50 split of men and women in the agency. Currently, we have 5 women that contribute to our growing team of 15 all positively impacting on various parts of the business.
Some of the things we have implemented to facilitate this growth:
1. We introduced blind recruitment which meant we left all gender, names, ages, locations etc out of the recruitment process to eliminate all possibility of any unconscious bias.
We also started using new job boards such as working mums and women in stem.
2. We advocate for flexibility to ensure all our staff can have a work life balance allowing our team to be supported in their lives and ambitions outside of work. This means our team can be part time without feeling excluded and full time employees can dictate their working hours to fit within their lifestyle.
3. We are working with BIMA to educate secondary school students both male & female to what a digital advertising agency does and also providing education to young women who may have preconceptions about ‘tech’ roles.
Digital advertising has been added to the list of roles included in STEM which has a large educational focus for women.
4. Created an all female monthly meeting. Encouraging our female staff to share thoughts and ideas in a forum to implement better processes for the women in the agency.
5. Representation at a senior leadership level. 40% of our leadership team is women, meaning we are able to have strong mentors for our junior team members to help their growth and development. Our team is also actively seeking out mentorship opportunities.
We are proud of where we are but we know we have a way to go and are looking into other ways to encourage women into this fantastic evolving industry.
Celebrating the women integral to our team
Here are our fantastic five and why they like working at Climbing Trees:
Fancy joining our team?
We are on a mission to grow our team with people who share our values and ethics. Read more about #teamtrees